Mid-way between Africa and Asia, Madagascar is a unique island-continent. A destination you will not forget; more than a discovery, a revelation… Between the exuberance of its tropical forests, its desert landscapes, its forests of baobabs, ‘Mada’ is also bathed by the Indian Ocean ! And here, protect your eyes… The lagoons of the multiple small islands will allow you to discover an incredibly rich seabed and deserted anchorages which are unique in the world !
- FORMALITIES: Valid passport and visa compulsory.
- HEALTH: Be careful, the area is not without risks, anti-malaria treatment essential.
- WEATHER: The dry season stretches from April to October. This is the best period for cruising in Madagascar. During this period, the easterly trade wind sets in gradually, finally reaching 15 to 20 knots. Temperatures: between 25 and 30°C.
- SAILING CONDITIONS: Little or no buoyage, very random weather forecasts, strong currents and sometimes a lot of swell. The conditions are not always very easy, hence skippered charter recommended.
- CURRENCY: Madagascan franc (1 euro = 974 FMG)