If, like the famous English sailor James Cook, you like discovering new lands and real emotions, you will love the Tonga Islands. This little kingdom has not really changed since the XVIIIth century, when Cook called it the ‘Friendly Island’. An original destination, in the heart of the Pacific, with numerous islands which will make you relive the fantastic treasure island epic. A real elixir of youth!
- FORMALITIES: Valid passport.
- HEALTH: No particular risks. Take anti-mosquito lotion, which is always useful...
- WEATHER: Sailing is possible all the year round, but the best conditions are from May to November. The Tonga Islands have a wet, tropical climate, moderated by the trade winds blowing from the south-east. The driest, coolest months are between May and November. From December to March, the climate is wetter, with tropical rain at the end of the day.
The Islands are sometimes affected by hurricanes between December and March.
- SAILING CONDITIONS: Sunsail is offering charter with or without a skipper. In the latter case, you must be an ‘experienced’ skipper. Winds vary from 8 to 12 knots.
- MONEY: Tongan pa'anga - (1 euro = 2.82 Pa'anga)