REVIEWS VOYAGE 440
Shipyard VOYAGE YACHTS
Voyage 440 catamaran
From a distance, anyone familiar with the Voyage 430 cruising catamaran (earlier known as the Norseman 43) will recognize the Voyage 440 catamaran as a direct descendent.
The Voyage 440 catamaran shares the same distinctive sleek, low slung aspect, notable beam (7.6 m; 24.9 ft) and capable high aspect sailing rig on a prebent mast. The partial list of major enhancements to the 430 design found in the new Voyage 440 catamaran includes :
- Increased length and changes in hull shape providing 2,200 additional pounds flotation.
- Reconfiguration of the salon windows to include two hatches that open for ventilation and tempered tinted glass fixed windows for the remainder to limit heat uptake.
- Redesigned antiskid texture in the gel coat and its more extensive use
an articulating bowsprit that carries a screacher head sail.
- Isolated engine compartment with clean layout of components and controls.
- Arch mounted main sail traveler and and redesigned transom entry to the cockpit.
The Voyage 440 catamaran is more than just a few extras added to an existing model. In total, enhancements to the first generation make this a notable cruising catamaran in its size class with much to offer the discriminating sailor.
TO FIND OUT MORE, DOWNLOAD THE VOYAGE 440 BOAT REVIEW
Download the test in PDF version : 5.00 € US$ 5.45
Specification sheet voyage 440 day cruiser
Shipyard : VOYAGE YACHTS / Length : 13.3mSee technical specifications for this catamaran / trimaran