Dream Yacht Worldwide

A record order for 77 new catamarans!

While Loïc Bonnet expressed alarm back in the summer at the sharp rise in multihull prices over the past couple of years (something he believes explains certain signs of a slowdown in the market after the post-Covid boom), the CEO of the world’s leading yacht charter company (850 units across 42 bases) has nonetheless placed a record order for 77 new catamarans (Bali Catamarans, Excess, Fountaine Pajot and Lagoon).

An audacious deal, which we can only assume is the result of tough commercial negotiations... These multihulls are all expected to be delivered before the end of 2024, and will renew fleets in the South Pacific, the Caribbean and the Americas. For the majority of these catamarans, the charter company has opted for premium equipment such as generators to guarantee unrestricted power supply, air-conditioning systems that are much appreciated on the first or last night spent in port at the beginning or end of charter stays, and watermakers for freshwater production. Dream Yacht Worldwide counts over 35,000 customers per season in these areas. For Americans, the most popular destinations are the British Virgin Islands, French Polynesia and the Bahamas. Europeans, meanwhile, are particularly attracted to the Caribbean islands of Saint-Martin, Guadeloupe and Martinique. The company specifies that 85% of its bookings are bareboat cruises (with or without skipper), while the remaining 15% are cruises sold by the cabin.

www.dreamyachtcharter.com 

Most-read articles in the same category

View all the articles

Current issue

MW #196 - July / Aug 2024

Discover the issue

Most read

Subscribe now

The latest news from €3 / month

Subscribe to the magazine

Video of the month

Our latest YouTube hit!

Watch the video

The Multihull of the Year

The 2024 results

Discover the results
For all used-boats for sale

Classified ads

View classified ads
Corsair 880
Location :
poole, United Kingdom
Year :
2023
170 000,00 Ex. tax€